It has been a while since I have added a recipe to my website…. this is because I have been flat out busy finishing my second book! Yes, you heard right another recipe book! This book is amazing and it is full of gluten, dairy and refined sugar free recipes that I know you are going to love!
To be honest I have been so busy with the book, Christmas, school holidays, travel and daily life that cooking for Real Food Pledge has taken a back seat. But I am hoping now that the book is off my hands and the children are all back to their routines that I will have more time in the kitchen again. After all I feel most at home and happiest in the kitchen cooking up a storm!
This weekend I whipped up this yummy new recipe which is perfect for lunches or snacks. These savoury muffins can be stored in the freezer so that you can take them to work or school. These muffins are delicious as well as being gluten and dairy free!
- 1 cup almond meal or ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees celcius and grease a medium size muffin pan.
- Grate the zucchini and place in a strainer, rest for 10 minutes to allow the excess liquid to release. After 10 minutes squeeze any excess liquid out of the zucchini.
- In a large bowl or food processor, mix together the almond meal, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and paprika.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and vinegar together. Combine with the dry ingredients.
- Add the zucchini and quinoa to the mixture and combine.
- Spoon the muffin mix into the muffin pan and place in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.