These are the best burgers that you will have, and they are loaded with ingredients that will help you to stress bust your way through the week. Both the avocado and the turkey had amazing benefits that help with those stress levels.
Turkey is a great source of tryptophan, an amino acid (protein building block) that your body converts into serotonin. Tryptophan significantly decreased quarrelsome behaviors and increased agreeable behaviors and perceptions of agreeableness. So there you go, if you have argumentative family members, turkey burgers are the key!
My family loves this meal because they can assemble their own burger at the dinner table and customise it to their taste.
- 500 grams of minced turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- ½ lime
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- To make the turkey patties, finely chop the onion, ginger, garlic and coriander. Place all of these ingredients in a large bowl along with the turkey, egg, turmeric, cumin seeds and salt. With a fork, combine all the ingredients, and then form four large burger patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Place the meat patties down and cook for five minutes on each side. While the patties are cooking, slice the tomato & wash the lettuce.
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out flesh into a small bowl. Add a pinch of salt and the juice of half a lime. Mash the ingredients together with a fork to make the smashed avocado. Assemble the burgers on a plate by stacking the ingredients.
- SERVES 4