Do you ever get stressed about having people over, because you are not sure what to serve so you end up with the usual cheese and crackers? This dish is just as easy, healthier and will impress your guests. This dish is perfect and it is very easy to whip together, with only a few key ingredients.
I love sweet potato and combined with salmon and avocado, it really can’t get any better. I just think that this dish looks amazing too, the colours are gorgeous.
In this photo, I have used my beetroot cured salmon but you can use smoked salmon or trout if you would prefer. The cured salmon recipe is really easy but you do have to make it three days prior to when you need it and it is a bit more effort and forward planning than simply grabbing a packet of smoked salmon from the shops. But if you are keen, click here for the Beetroot Cured Salmon.
- 2 large sweet potato
- Olive oil, spray
- ½ teaspoon rosemary, dried
- ½ teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ lime, juice
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 250 grams smoked salmon
- Few sprigs chives
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a tray with baking paper.
- Wash the two sweet potato and keep the skin on. Slice into thin even slices about 3mm think.
- Line the baking tray with the sweet potato, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with the rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes or until crisp and tender.
- To make the smashed avo, scoop the avocado out and smash it with a fork in a bowl.
- Chop the red onion, very finely, add to the avocado along with the lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Smash until all combined.
- Place the sweet potato rounds on a serving dish and top with the avocado and a slice of salmon, gently folding onto the top.
- With scissors, cut the sprigs of chives over the dish to garnish and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.