Summer is on the way, I am loving the warmer weather especially when I am out on my early morning walk, it is much easier to get out of bed that early compared to a couple of months back!
Last week I bought a load of fresh strawberries from the farmers markets and we could not get through them all. They were way too good to waste so I thought that I would make fresh fruit ice blocks. My kids loved these treats, which is fantastic because they are super healthy!
When I was a child I remember making sugar loaded ice blocks with cordial. We used to love them! This version is so much healthier and far tastier, the adults will love them as much as the kids do.
- 2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 basil leaves
- Place the strawberries in a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth.
- Add the coconut water, honey & vanilla extract.
- Blend until all the ingredients are combined and very smooth.
- Place a large basil leaf in the mold.
- Pour into the ice block molds and place in the freezer for 3 hours.
- To release the ice block from the mold, place under hot water for 10 seconds.