We are up to week five in the Real Food Pledge Challenge. Everyone is loving the challenge and getting amazing results as well as enjoying incredible food. This is not a diet, this is a fresh way of eating and enjoying an abundance of real food. This delish recipe is one that I shared with the Real Food Pledge Challenge tribe last week and everyone just loved it!
As a full time working mum of three, there is nothing better than coming home to a home cooked meal that I have not had to think about… enter the slow cooker! The best appliance that has ever been invented for busy mum’s & dad’s.
Where I am from in New Zealand, we have a type of traditional slow cooking which is called a Hangi, it is where a hole is dug in the ground & the food is slow cooked on hot stones inside the ground. This requires a lot of preparation as you can imagine but the food is amazing as a result.
I am so happy that I have a slow cooker to just plug in, I just throw everything into the pot then set & forget for the day.
This slow cooked Rump Steak recipe is super delicious and simple. The entire family will love this one. Serve on vegetables, cauliflower mash or sweet potato mash.
- 4 small or 2 large beef steaks
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 can's of tomatoes
- 1x 140 gram tub tomato paste
- 2 zucchini’s diced
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- Drizzle olive oil
- This recipe needs to be started in the morning before you leave the house.
- Place the onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, zucchini, parsley and salt and pepper into the slow cooker.
- Ensure that the ingredients are well combined.
- In a hot fry pan, drizzle with olive oil and sear the steak for 1 minute on either side.
- Place the steaks in the tomato mix in the slow cooker and turn on to medium.
- Slow cook for the day 6 - 8 hours.
- Enjoy with steamed veggies or cauliflower mash.