I LOVE lamb shanks. I make mine in the slow cooker with a tomato base. You can make this recipe in a casserole dish in the oven, if you were to do that you would cook them on a low to mid heat in the oven for 3 plus hours. If you are lucky enough to have a slow cooker, this dish could not be easier. It will take you five minutes to prepare & then you just leave it for the day.
4 lamb shanks
10 button mushrooms
1 tin of tomato’s (check the ingredients to make sure there is nothing added)
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 teaspoon fresh crushed ginger
1/2 – 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes (optional)
Salt to taste
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Dice the onion, cut the button mushrooms into quarters & cut the capsicum length wise
- Place all the cut vegetables into the slow cooker
- Mix in the fresh herbs & chilli
- Add the tin of tomato’s to the slow cooker
- Place the lamb shanks into the tomato mix in the slow cooker
- Put the lid on and leave on a medium heat for 5 – 6 hours
- Serve of a bed of cauliflower mash & a glass of red wine!