The Real Food Pledge Challenge started this week and it has been so much fun! There is such a great group of ladies who are taking part in the challenge who want to transform their bodies and mindset. Some people are doing it because they want to focus on a healthy mindset and eating, some want to lose weight, others are not confident cooks which leads them to eating lots of processed foods and others want to improve their overall health.
My recipes are so quick and easy that even someone who can’t cook, can follow the Real Food Pledge Challenge.
As part of the challenge, I provide all the recipes, shopping lists as well as lots of other strategies around having a real food mindset and lifestyle.
This Salmon dish is my personal favourite from week one. It is SO SO yummy and also very easy to make. I serve it on cauliflower rice.
- 4 salmon fillets (all equal sizes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 long red chili, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 lime, juice & zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lime wedges to garnish
- In a pan, a splash of olive oil and place the salmon skin side down. Cook for 2 minutes on each side to brown. Turn pan off and set aside.
- In another pan over a medium heat, place the remainder olive oil along with the garlic, ginger, chili and onion. Saute for a few minutes until it starts to caramelize.
- Add coconut milk and stir combining everything. Simmer for a minute and add the lime juice, zest and honey. Simmer for 5 minutes until fragrant. Taste & add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the salmon and poach in the sauce until cooked to your liking. Between 2 and 5 minutes is recommended. I prefer my salmon on the rare side, but everyone likes it cooked differently.
- Serve on cauliflower rice or with other steamed vegetables such as zucchini ribbons.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and lime wedges.