Beetroot dip has the most beautiful rich flavors & colours that it is hard to stop eating it! But that is OK, because this recipe is really healthy. This dip is really easy to make, you just need time to roast the beetroot in advance of when you need the dip. This recipe makes a lot of dip, so you can stash some away for another day!
2 large beetroot
1 cup coriander
1/2 cup walnuts
2 garlic cloves
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180/350 degrees.
- Cut the head & root off the beetroots & peel. Cut into quarters, place on baking tray & splash olive oil on beetroot
- Bake for approx 40 minutes until nicely roasted & a skewer easily goes through the beetroot
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool down
- Finely chop the garlic
- Drizzle some olive oil in a pan on the stove & heat over a medium heat, saute the garlic for a minute then place the walnuts in the pan & roast together with the garlic for a few minutes
- When all the ingredients are cooled place the beetroot, garlic, walnuts, coriander salt & pepper in the food processor. Blitz until the dip is a smooth paste
- Taste and season with salt and pepper
- Serve with Rosemary & Sea Salt Seed Crackers – click here for the recipe