Lime is the most beautiful fruit on the earth, I love it. What makes it even better is when it is made into a sweet lime pie! The flavours that zing in your mouth when you eat this dessert are AMAZING!
It is truly is hard to believe that you can make such a beautiful dessert out of 100% natural ingredients. There is no refined sugar, dairy or grains added to this dessert, just pure goodness.
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup dates
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cups raw cashew nuts (Soaked in water for 3 hours)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of lime zest
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Put all of the base ingredients in the food processor & blitz until it is fine and sticky.
- Place the base in a round cake mould or square dish if you prefer. Press the base down so that it is firmly in the bottom.
- Place the base in the freezer to set while you make the topping.
- To make the topping place the cashew nuts in the food processor & process until you make cashew butter.
- Add all of the other ingredients & whiz for a further minute.
- Spoon the topping onto the base mixture & put back in the freezer to set for up to an hour.
- About 15 minutes before you are ready to serve the desserts take out of the freezer to let thaw a little.
- Garnish with coconut flakes and crushed pistachios or simple with a slices of lime and a dusting of lime zest.
- This dessert can stay in the freezer for a long time and still come out lovely.
The other option for serving this cake is to set it into smaller serves by using a muffin pan to create mini cheesecakes. This i a really nice idea if you want to make small treats for yourself to keep in the freezer.