Nourishing You Recipe Alert!
This is fresh out of my brand new cookbook, Nourishing You in the ‘Better Than Takeaway’ section! It is so important on your health journey, rather than depriving yourself of gorgeous dinners, and takeaways, yet make them into a meal that will make you better! Butter chicken is an all-time favourite takeaway for a lot of families. It is super delicious; my family and I absolutely love it, too. The problem is that I never feel very good after I have eaten takeaway butter chicken.
This recipe is made from scratch, dairy-free, easy and delicious.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, ground
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 140 grams tomato paste
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a large wok or pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil, onions, garlic and ginger and sauté for two or three minutes.
- Turn the heat down a little and add the chicken and spices, ensuring the spices coat the chicken.
- Cook for three minutes and add the tomato paste.
- After a further three minutes, add the coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over cauliflower rice.