As you probably have noticed, I love pork! This is a fairly simple dish that you can serve your family or at a dinner party. I will share with you the secret on how to make the rind on the pork chop crackle.
The recipe is set out per person. If you are cooking for four people for example you will use four chops & 2 rinds of bacon.
1 pork chop
1/2 rind bacon
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Turn the oven on high to 200 degrees or 392 fahrenheit
- Cut the rind away from the pork chop & place on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Place in the oven for approx 15 – 20 minutes or until the rind is crispy
- In the mean time, peel the apple & cut the bacon & apple into small cubes
- Pan fry the bacon for a couple of minutes & then add the apple. Fry until the bacon is crispy & caramelized – set aside
- In a pan on the stove, heat the olive oil over a medium to high heat
- Place the rindless pork chop in the pan & cook for 4 – 5 minutes on each side (depending on the size of the chop). Be careful not to over cook the pork, because it will be dry if it is over cooked
- On your plate, smear some cauliflower or sweet potato mash
- Top with the cooked pork chop, bacon & apple crumble & finally the crackling from the oven