There is so much that has been going on in my world, with publishing a book, going on holiday to America (which was awesome) and then throw into the mix, moving house, that’s why I have been a little quiet online of late.
My recipe and lifestyle book is well underway, I have completed the photos with the help of the amazing Jo from Luminous Kitchen. She has been amazing, we have had lots of fun and the outcome is awesome.
I also have had the most amazing help from a team of secret squirrel recipe testers who were some of my readers from all over the world. They each had two recipes from the book to test and were sworn to secrecy. I had lots of fun with meeting everyone and chatting through email. All of the secret squirrels were awesome and a huge help in regards to improving my recipe instructions and tweeking the ingredients to improve the dishes. Currently the book is in the hands of an amazing design team and I am expecting the first proof next week some time. It is getting exciting!
For now I will leave you with this beautiful but easy salad.
If you are looking for a really simple but crazy delicious salad to make, then look no further! This salad looks so pretty and will make your mouth water before you even eat it. The tart flavours of the grapefruit & the creaminess of the avocado go so well together…. it is like a party in your mouth! I have made this salad for lunch but it also goes really well with fresh prawns.
If you think that it may be a little bit of a strange combination, you are probably right, but I promise that it marries together really well and you will not be disappointed.
- 1 perfectly ripe avocado (I know it is hard to tell at times!)
- 1 large pink grapefruit
- 6-10 cos or romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 sprigs of coriander
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash the cos lettuce leaves & drain. Arrange nicely on a large flat serving dish.
- With a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit, discarding all the peel and white pith.
- Cut the grapefruit into segments & remove the white membrane as you go.
- Remove the skin and seed of the avocado and cut into quarters, slice the avocado lengthwise into 12 pieces.
- Arrange the prepared grapefruit & avocado onto the lettuce.
- Wash the coriander & pluck the leaves & sprinkle over salad.
- To dress the salad, finely grate 1 teaspoon zest & squeeze the juice from the lemon.
- Whisk the zest, juice, mustard, oil, salt & pepper in a small bowl or shaker.
- Splash the salad with the dressing, as much or as little as you desire. You can keep the left over dressing for your next salad.
- Enjoy this tasty zesty salad!