I was lucky enough to be invited to create a bunch of recipes for Good Magazine. The brief was recipes that help us to reduce stress, which is perfect for me as a lawyer and busy mum, in fact, it is perfect for everyone, because who doesn’t have stress in their lives! The recipes needed to be full of ingredients that are stress relieving and easy.
Over the next few weeks I am going to release all of the stress busting recipes that I created out of a few key ingredients that are known to have stress reduction benefits.
We will kick off our stress busting series with this amazing, fresh and easy recipe which is perfect for breakfast.
Not only is this a delicious breakfast treat it is also full of excellent de-stressing ingredients. Both oranges and chia seeds are loaded magnesium, which acts as a precursor for neurotransmitters like serotonin, which is well known for its role in helping to regulate your emotions and enhance well being. The vitamin C found in the organ helps clear out cortisol from the bloodstream and thereby promotes a relaxed state of mind.
This recipe is made the night before, so it can be a really easy option for breakfast on the run. You could make it and divide in into takeaway jars so that you can just grab and run. Perfect!
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoons flaked almonds
- Orange slice
- 1 teaspoon honey, drizzled
- 1 teaspoon flaked almonds
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Poor into two little jars or bowls and place in the fridge overnight. Just before you serve the chia puddings, garnish with the orange, honey and almond flakes.