This recipe is a treat but it is so deliciously healthy that it is perfect for breakfast too. All the ingredients are raw and natural, it is just a matter of blending or mixing this recipe together, pressing the mixture into the muffin pan and allowing it to set.
These cute little raw carrot cakes keep in the fridge really well for up to five days or so. This one is perfect to take to a party by making the cakes even smaller in a mini muffin pan.
I was inspired to make this recipe after I tried something similar at one of my local cafes. It was so delish, that I raced home to try and recreate the treat and this is what I came up with. You could make this your own by changing a few of the ingredients such as swapping the walnuts to cashews or adding in sultana’s or dried apricots.
The Real Food Pledge Challenge is starting on the 27th of July 2019 and this is a little treat that you could stash away in the fridge! I can’t wait to get the challenge started and support you all through cutting out processed food and experimenting wiht some new recipes and flavours.
You can learn more about the Real Food Pledge Challenge here.
- Carrot Cakes
- 3 cups of grated carrots 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger 1⁄4 teaspoon of sea salt
- Cashew Cream Frosting
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla 1⁄2 lemon (juiced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- Walnuts and extra cinnamon to garnish
- Peel & grate the carrots & set aside.
- In a food processor place the dates & walnuts. Process until a finer mixture but keeping a few chunky bits in the mixture.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add coconut, spices, honey, coconut oil and salt and combine.
- Add carrots and mix until well combined. Scoop the cake mix into a prepared muffin pan & place in fridge for 3 hours.
- To make cashew cream, soak cashews for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews in clean water. In a food processor or blender combine cashews, water, honey, vanilla, salt, and lemon juice. Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add melted coconut oil and blend to combine.
- After the cakes have set, flip the cakes out of their muffin trays & spoon the cashew frosting onto the top. Decorate with nuts & cinnamon.
- Place back in fridge & serve once chilled.