I have been making this cauliflower rice a lot lately because it is so easy to whip up, it’s incredibly yummy and nutritious. The first time I made it I thought that my husband, Cameron would not enjoy it at all because he doesn’t enjoy my cauliflower mash or being overloaded with vegetables on his plate.
I was really surprised to see him going back for seconds and raving about how he enjoyed it! So this recipe is a winner and has got the husband tick of approval.
What I really love about this dish apart from the flavour, is that it is basically all vegetables, so it is extremely healthy and a great way to get those so important veggie serves in.
- ½ cauliflower
- 1 zucchini, diced
- ½ capsicum, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces and place in a food processor or blender. Pulse to chop the cauliflower into rice size bits being careful not to over blend and turn into mush.
- Finely dice the zucchini, capsicum & onion.
- Over a medium heat, place the olive oil in a large pan or wok.
- Saute the onion, garlic, chilli & ginger for a couple of minutes.
- Add the zucchini & capsicum, saute for a further few minutes.
- Then add the cumin, paprika, chilli powder, salt & pepper to taste.
- Combine all the ingredients then add the cauliflower rice & mix through.
- Mix around for a few minutes over the heat to allow the cauliflower to cook for a little.
- Add the chopped coriander and take off the heat.
- Serve as a side or a entire meal with a side of smashed avocado