I had some mango in the freezer that needed to be used so I made these magical muffins using coconut flour. They turned out so well, there is no mistake that mango & macadamia nuts are a match made in heaven, these muffins are very tasty!
Perfect for breakfast, lunch boxes or snacks at home. I freeze my muffins in individual zip lock bags and freeze them so that I can take one at a time.
Coconut flour is great for making treats like muffins because it is gluten free and you can put it in lunch boxes, especially since most schools have strict policies about bringing nuts to school. It is a different to work with compared to wheat flour or almond meal but it is really versatile and I really enjoy the results that I get when I make baked goods from coconut flour. To learn more about coconut flour you can look here.
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup diced mango
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a medium sized muffin pan.
- Place the coconut flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and combine the ingredients.
- Add the eggs, water, honey and diced mango combine all ingredients to make the muffin batter.
- Add the macadamia nuts to the batter and mix through.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.