Everything that I am creating and thinking about at the moment has a Christmas twist… it’s December and I am very excited about the festive season. This mango and cashew granola makes a beautiful Christmas gift, just pop it in a lovely jar and decorate the jar in a festive theme. Apart from that, this granola is a great item to have in your pantry all year round.
The idea for this mango and cashew granola came about because I was asked what other fruit could be used instead of pineapple in the Pineapple and Coconut Granola. I had half a mango in the fridge that needed to be used and this was the perfect idea for it. This recipe turned out really well and we are all enjoying having some yummy and healthy granola in the pantry to nibble on.
Granola is perfect topped on fruit, with coconut yogurt or as a snack. I am planning on making parfaits for Christmas breakfast so this store of granola will be perfect on that occasion too. I hope you enjoy this recipe. 🙂
- 1 cup fresh mango
- ½ cup dried dates
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups raw cashew nuts
- ½ cup pecan nuts
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor blend together the cut mango, dates, honey, egg white, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Blend until smooth.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and pulse once or twice until combined but do not over blend, the mixture still needs to be chunky. You want some nuts to be whole and others to be chopped.
- Place the mixture out on the baking tray and cover the entire tray with a single layer of the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 50 minutes, stir once at around 25 minutes and then let bake for another 25 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container of jar.