This recipe is so lovely and really easy to whip together if you want to make something quick but delicious. What combination could be more perfect that smoked salmon and sweet potato? This dish is fabulous for weekend brunch or lunch and served with a fresh side salad.
I love hot smoke salmon and just can’t seem to walk past it at the markets when it is freshly smoked right on the spot, it just always smells so amazing. I keep it in the fridge to crumble into scrambled eggs for breakfast, but it never lasts long in my fridge! If you can’t get your hands on freshly smoked salmon, you can usually find vacuum packed smoked salmon fillets at the supermarket. This dish will make 8 small servings or 4 large servings.
- 2 hot smoked salmon fillets
- 1 cooked sweet potato - cut into cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 sprigs of dill
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and line a pie dish with baking paper.
- Dice the onion finely & crush the garlic, saute both ingredients in pan with the olive oil until transparent.
- In the base of a pie dish (I use a oven safe glass one) evenly spread out the onion & garlic, broken up salmon fillets, sweet potato cubes & pieces of dill.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs & salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the ingredients in the pie dish.
- Place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the egg is set, be careful not to over cook & dry out.
- Serve hot or cold with a side salad & enjoy!