We have all become a little bit lazy when it comes to making things like a curry paste from scratch but, it is seriously so easy that you should try it. Curry packet or jar mixes can be expensive and they have other additives in them that we are better off staying away from. I get it, it needs to be convenient…. I promise this recipe is super easy. Don’t be put off by the long list of ingredients, most of the ingredients are herbs and spices, and you probably have most of it already in your pantry.
You only need a handful of fresh ingredients and I promise that it will taste a thousand times better than any store brought curry paste.
This dish can be made in a jiffy, you don’t need to slave all day to make a beautiful rich curry. I serve this with cauliflower rice, which is the perfect compliment. Enjoy!
- 500 grams of sliced chicken breast
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 2 long red chili’s
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cm piece ginger
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Place the red chili's, onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon & ground turmeric into the food processor & blitz until it makes a smooth curry paste.
- In a large saucepan or wok heat the olive oil.
- Add the curry paste that you have made and cook in the oil for 3 minutes, stirring the whole time.
- Add the tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Add the sliced chicken and the capsicum, stir into the paste allowing to cook in the paste for a few minutes.
- Slowly add the coconut milk and combine all the ingredients.
- Allow to simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve on cauliflower rice.