Do you need a veggie boost? This is the bowl for you!
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 3 florets broccoli, steamed
- 3 stalks asparagus, steamed
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 6 snow peas
- 1½ baby cucumber, sliced lengthwise
- 1 handful kale, chopped
- Sprinkle chilli flakes
- Sprinkle salt & pepper
- Drizzle olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Garlic and Lemon Cashew Cream
- In a small pan with a lid, bring the ¼ cup of water to the boil. Trim the broccoli and asparagus and place in the pan. Place the lid on top, and steam for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain the liquid. In the same small pan, heat a tiny drizzle of olive oil and add the kale. Sprinkle kale with chilli, salt and pepper, and stir fry in a pan for 1 – 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, place the quinoa at the bottom, then top it up with all the cooked- and raw, green ingredients. Garnish with cashew cream or simply drizzle olive oil and lemon juice on top.
In this recipe, a great tip I use is to double or triple the ingredients if you are cooking for more than one person. This is a great dinner or to prep for your weeks worth of lunches.
This is perfect if you are trying to squeeze in as many veggies as you can prior to the festive season which is fast approaching.
This meal is also packed with fiber which will keep you full for hours on end, so will be great if you have a seated office job!