We often have this dish on the weekend for lunch after we have been to the farmers markets and picked up a fresh seafood mix. It is so super fast to make that it is also perfect for a quick week night and it is easy to pick up this seafood mix from any supermarket in the seafood section. It is a super fresh and delicious dish that I just can’t get enough of!
The mix that I buy has white fish pieces, salmon pieces, scallops and calamari.
If you can’t buy the mix you can also buy a one piece of white fish, one piece of salmon, a few scallops and green prawns, cut them up into smaller pieces to make you own medley.
To make the zucchini ribbons you need to use a spiraliser, if you are unsure about what that is, you can learn about it here.
- 3 zucchini
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 500 grams mixed seafood
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Using a vegetable spiraliser, spiralise the zucchini into ribbons. Or if you don’t have a spiraliser you can create zucchini ribbons by using a vegetable peeler.
- Place the ribbons in a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Drain or pat dry the seafood with paper hand towel and set aside.
- Slice the red onion, crush the garlic, roughly chop the dill and place in a large bowl. Add the seafood and chilli flakes.
- Toss all of the ingredients together coating the seafood with the herbs and spices.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the seafood to the pan ensuring that the pan is not over crowded, allowing the seafood to caramelise a little.
- Gently toss around the pan for a few minutes until it is cooked.
- Place on top of the zucchini, garnish with lemon and dill. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.