I was lucky enough to be invited to create a bunch of recipes to be featured in Good Magazine. The theme was to use ingredients that help to reduce stress. Initially I didn’t know what these ingredients were stress relieving so I had to so a bit of research. To my surprise and delight, I learnt that a couple of my favourite foods were on the list of amazing stress reducing ingredients…. Avocado and pomegranate!
So I put my thinking cap on and came up with this delish, sweet recipe!
This dessert is so decedent, you would never know that the main ingredient is flesh of an avocado. The little pops of pomegranate go so well with the chocolate. If you can’t get your hands on a pomegranate, this ingredient could be swapped for raspberries, blueberries or orange.
Enjoy this amazing treat and I hope you feel happier when you eat it knowing that it is full of healthy, stress relieving goodness!
- 2 ½ ripe avocado’s
- 200 grams dark chocolate, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ pomegranate, seeds
- Fill a saucepan half way with water and place over a medium heat to bring to a simmer. Break the chocolate up into small pieces and place in a glass or metal bowl that sits snug inside the saucepan of hot water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring to help it along.
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop the flesh out into a food processor blend. Add the vanilla extract ad blend until the avocado is smooth. Slowly add the melted dark chocolate and continue to blend the avocado until all three ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Break away the pomegranate seeds from the skin and remove the pith. Fold the pomegranate granules through the chocolate mousse. Neatly place the mousse in 4 serving jars or glasses and place in the fridge and let set for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Serves 4