Oh my goodness… this is so delicious! You might be thinking what my friend was when I sent her a picture from my phone… ‘looks average, hope it tastes better!’ She ended her text with a kiss kiss (xx) so I knew that she stilled loved me, just maybe not the look of the soup!
Ok I get it, it looks green and a bit boring.. BUT I can assure you the taste of this sensationally delicious & healthy soup is amazing!
I enjoyed this for a super healthy dinner after having a bit of a loose weekend away, I figure I need to pump some healthy greens in. I loved it so much that I had the left over’s for lunch.
- 1 chicken breast
- 300 grams broccoli
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 springs fresh sage
- 1 spring fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the olive oil and crushed garlic in a large sauce pan and saute the garlic over a medium heat for 1 minute.
- Roughly chop the parsley, sage and thyme and place in the sauce pan.
- Add the chicken stock and water to the pot and bring to the simmer.
- Cut the chicken into 4 -5 chunks and add to the simmering pot.
- Roughly chop the broccoli and add to the pot. Place the lid on the pot and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take off the heat and place all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- You can either serve it right then or you can place back in the pot and keep warm until ready to serve. If you would like the soup to be thinner you can add more chicken stock.
- This will serve either 4 small bowls or 2 large bowls.