This salad is perfect as a side dish or would also be really nice as a main topped with BBQ chicken strips, poached salmon or grilled prawns. I absolutely love this avocado whip because it is so lush, creamy and full of gorgeous herby flavours.
I got these gorgeous zucchini from the farmers markets. They had three varieties, one with pale green skin, one with a bright yellow skin and the standard dark green variety. I have planted a few zucchini seedlings in my garden, so I am pretty excited to see if i can produce some of my own.
Below the recipe I have made a few suggestions on how to make this recipe even better. For more about how to make zucchini noodles you can click here.
- 3 Zucchini,
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 clove garlic
- Small handful of basil
- Small handful of coriander
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Dash paprika
- Wash the zucchini and use a spiraliser or julienne peeler to make the zucchini noodles.
- Place the noodles in a large salad bowl.
- Crush the garlic and roughly chop the basil and coriander. Place the garlic and herbs in a food processor or blender and whizz until very they are finely chopped.
- Cut the avocado in half and coop the avocado flesh out, place in the food processor along with the lemon juice of half a lemon.
- Blend until the avocado is very creamy.
- Add salt & pepper to taste to your liking.
- Mix the creamy avocado through the zucchini noodles with a fork or your hands.
- Sprinkle with a sprinkle of paprika and serve.
Other suggestions to make this dish even yummier:
- Add a few tablespoons of pine nuts
- Throw in a handful of halved cherry tomatoes
- Chop 1 cup kale & mix through
- Add a few walnuts
- Mix through 1/2 finely sliced red capsicum
- Sprinkle a few pumpkin seeds through