Who doesn’t love a fritter! Anything made into a fritter is delicious in my opinion and these zucchini & corn fritters are no exception. These are really quick to make so they are perfect on the weekend or during the week. You don’t have to save them for breakfast, they are also great for lunch or dinner.
Zucchini is a very moist vegetable, if you don’t take the step to remove the moisture from the grated zucchini the fritters may be too wet. By sprinkling your grated zucchini with salt it helps to draw the moisture out of the zucchini. When you squeeze the moisture away, most of the salt will wash away too.
These are the best with a gooey egg on top and for the bacon lovers a side of bacon works really well.
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- ⅓ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon sea salt (for removing moisture from the zucchini)
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Coconut oil, for cooking
- Grate the zucchini and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and toss well. Let the zucchini sit for 10 minutes to allow the moisture to come out of the zucchini.
- After 10 minutes squeeze all of the moisture out of the zucchini with your hands by picking up the grated zucchini and squeezing tight. Lots of the salt will wash away in this process. The helps to draw out the moisture. You want the zucchini to be as dry as possible.
- Add the corn, coconut flour, egg, paprika and pepper to the bowl of zucchini.
- Stir with a fork to combine. Heat a large pan over medium heat. Melt a large spoonful of coconut oil in the pan.
- Using a tablespoon place the zucchini mixture in the hot pan to create a fritter. You should be able to fit 4 - 5 in the pan at once.
- Cook each side for 3 to 5 minutes or until nicely browned. Repeat until you‘ve used up all the zucchini mixture.
- Serve while they are hot with a side of avocado and bacon.