Sometimes the simple things in life are the best, like this delicious, easy salad. It is a combination of everyday ingredients and goes with everything for dinner or lunch! I love this salad with steak, chicken or seafood. My friend Ang made it for me the other day and we enjoyed it with prawns outside on her deck, it was so lovely that I had to create my own version.
It is diced quite small so it is more like a salsa and is nice on the top of meat. Or try mixing a can of tuna through it for a quick lunch.
Enjoy this yummy salad as a summer staple, I will be!
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 Lebanese cucumbers
- 1 red onion
- ½ red capsicum
- 3 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Finely dice the tomato, cucumber, red onion, capsicum & parsley. Place in a large bowl and mix around until all the vegetables are combined.
- Shave the ride of the lemon and set aside.
- In a shaker, place the juice of the lemon, olive oil, garlic and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Shake vigorously to combine all of the ingredients.
- Drizzle over the salad and mix through as desired.
- Garnish with the lemon ring and serve.