Everybody loves chocolate strawberries, now you can enjoy a healthier, sugar and dairy free version. These will delight all your guests, I promise.
Chocolate Cashew Cream Filled Strawberries
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 24 large strawberries
- Soak the cashews over night by placing them in a jug and covering them with water. When you are ready to make the cashew cream, drain the water away from the cashews and rinse. Place the cashews in a blender along with the coconut oil, water, maple syrup, cacao and vanilla extract. Blend on high until very smooth. Scape out with a rubber scrapper into a zip lock bag.
- To prepare the strawberries, cut the stalk off the strawberries and with an apple corer or a small melon ball spoon, make a tunnel in the centre of the strawberry. Cut a small corner off the zip lock bag that holds the cashew cream and squeeze into the strawberry. Place on a plate and then in the fridge to set.
- Serves 24