This is a super easy and yummy Christmas treat that you can make to give to your friends, work colleagues or neighbors. This delicious festive log is gluten, diary and refined sugar free and looks so cute when it is gift wrapped.
You could replace the Brazil nuts, cranberries and apricots with whatever you have in the pantry. Figs, sultanas, macadamia nuts and pistachio’s are all good options.
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoon raw cacao
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup Brazil nuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the dates and almonds into a food processor or blender and blitz until they are a fine crumble. You may need to do this bit by bit, depending on your food processor.
- Add the desiccated coconut and raw cacao. Whiz until all the ingredients are combined.
- Roughly chop the apricots and Brazil nuts and add them along with the cranberries to the mixture. Mix through without breaking them down further.
- Add the coconut oil and the vanilla extract. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Lay out a large sheet of cling wrap on the bench and place the crumbly mixture onto the cling wrap.
- Gather all of the mixture and squeeze it into a long log. Wrap the cling wrap tightly around the log and place into the fridge to set for 1 hour.
- Cut the log into 4 and wrap them in cellophane and decorate with pretty ribbon and labels.