It’s Wednesday and sometimes you just feel like you need a treat to make the week day’s more fun! These are the perfect mid-week treat that you can whip together in no time at all.
These lemony bliss balls are also the perfect treat to store away for a rainy day. You can whip them out when the in-laws come for a cup of tea or when you need to pack a snack for that day trip. The challenge is not eating them all at once!
They are gluten, grain, sugar & dairy free so they are actually good for you because the dates and cashews are full of wonderful nutrients.
- 1½ cup of dates (dried)
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 lemon (juice & rind)
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ shredded coconut
- Place the dates & cashew nuts in the food processor & blitz on high until fully blended into a fine crumble.
- Finely grate the rind of the lemon into the mixture, add the juice of the lemon, the desiccated coconut & pinch of salt, blitz again on high until the mixture in like cookie dough.
- This mixture is a little wet compared to some of my other truffle recipes, you may need to add more coconut depending on how juicy your lemon is.
- With a teaspoon roll the mixture into balls.
- As you are rolling the balls, have some shredded coconut in your hand & roll the shredded coconut around the ball, pressing it into the ball as you roll.
- Continue until all of the mixture is rolled into balls, you should make around 18 balls.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- They will keep in the fridge for many weeks, so enjoy them either all at once or as a little treat here & there in the coming weeks!