Bliss balls are the perfect treat to have in the fridge or freezer for when you want a sweet treat. I don’t make them very often, because I know myself when it comes to treats like this in the fridge! One is never enough and I end up eating them one after the other until they are all gone! So for me, I am best to save them for special occasions.
These are a great gift idea. How beautiful to be given a gorgeous bag of hand made bliss balls as a gift!
When you are choosing the ingredients, try and buy unsweetened dried cranberries if you can. It is not always possible, but that is the healthiest option.
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao or cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup dried cranberries, unsweetened
- Extra cacao/cocoa for dusting
- In a food processor place the cashew nut and whizz up until they are ground into fine crumbs.
- Add ¼ cup of dates at a time and blitz until the dates are ground into fine crumbs. Continue until all of the dates are ground down.
- Add the coconut, cacao and salt to the food processor and blend until the mixture is combined.
- Place the coconut oil in the food processor and blend together.
- Finally add the dried cranberries to the mixture and mix through without chopping them up too much.
- Roll the mixture into 16 balls, dust with extra cacao if desired and place in the fridge to set.