- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl or food processor, place the dry ingredients and mix together.
- In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients then pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture.
- Combine the mixture together.
- Pour the mixture into a small to medium sized cake pan that has been lined with baking paper.
- Press the frozen blueberries and almond slices into the batter on the top.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of honey and fresh fruit.
This is a delicious way to enjoy a sweet breakfast on the weekend and a great alternative to pancakes. It is a breakfast cake that is packed full of goodness and flavour but is still gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
This breakfast treat is easy and quick to whip up. Perfect if you are having guests over for breakfast or just want to chill out with your family at home. This breakfast cake is also great to make in advance and place the slices in zip-lock bags in the freezer for easy weekday breakfasts on the go.
Best served warm. To make it super special serve with a side of yogurt, coconut yogurt, fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.