Gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free plus full of nutritious yumminess all bundled into a cute strawberry and chocolate heart cheesecake!
These are super cute set in heart shaped containers but you can set this dessert in a basic muffin pan or one large large cake is also perfect. I found a set of tin foil heart shaped patty tins at a kitchen store and they worked really well.
I promise that you won’t be slaving in the kitchen for hours and that this recipe is actually very easy to whip together. These cheesecakes can be stored in the freezer until you are ready to serve them, either for a dinner party or you can keep them for yourself as a treat during the week, just don’t eat them all at once! To serve, take them out of the freezer and allow to rest on the bench for 30 – 60 minutes.
If you don’t have fresh strawberries, frozen strawberries will work perfectly.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1½ cup dried dates
- 3 tablespoons cacao
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked min 3 hours)
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- Dash vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tablespoons cacao
- 1 tablespoon natural maple syrup
- Strawberries to garnish
- To make the base, place all the ingredients in the food processor and whizz on high until the mixture is fine and crumbly.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the base mixture into the bottom the heart shaped pan's (or you can use a standard muffin tin). Press the mixture down and place in freezer to set.
- To make the filling, place the soaked cashew nuts in the food processor and process until the cashews are very smooth.
- Add the coconut cream, strawberries, honey, coconut oil and vanilla and whizz together until the mixture is free of any lumps.
- Spoon the topping into the cases to top the bases and place back in the freezer.
- To make the cacao topping, place all ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined and free of lumps.
- Drizzle over the top of the cheesecakes and place back in the freezer to set.
- The desserts will be set within 60 minutes. You can allow the desserts to freeze completely and store for weeks, just remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving.