These muffins make a very filling breakfast or snack on the go. I make these and store them in the freezer so that there is always something nice for breakfast, even if I am in a rush to get out the door in the mornings. My kids also love these muffins and because they are made with coconut flour they are perfect for lunch boxes.
They are gluten, diary and refined sugar free. Perfect to take to work and share with your friends.
- 1 cup dried dates
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (for greasing muffin pans)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease a medium sized 12-hole muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In the food processor, process the dates and coconut flour until it is finely blended. Add the bananas, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; process until combined. Then add the eggs, coconut oil and water, and process until well combined. Pour the batter into the muffin pans and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until they spring back when you press on the top of them.
- Top with fresh banana or serve plain.
- MAKES 12 MUFFINS