This recipe is really simple but I thought that I would show you an everyday recipe that is easy and that I love to make regularly for breakfast. I often post a lot of sweet recipes, mostly because I know how much you all love a treat! And let’s be honest, I love that you can make gorgeous treats from real food ingredients… it’s exciting! But I don’t want to give you the false impression I eat these treats everyday or that I eat all that I post because I don’t!
The reality is that my real food treats are a treat and not something that I indulge in everyday. For the most part especially during the week the food that I make for myself is not really recipe worthy and it’s more a bit of this and that.
Today I thought that I would share my omelette with you because it is delicious and I make these so often using what ever ingredients that I have one hand. Today it is leek and asparagus, but tomorrow it could be salmon and dill. So get creative with what you have on hand. I love omelettes for breakfast because they are fast and like most people we are always in a rush in the morning.
This meal is perfect any time of the day for when you need something healthy and quick.
- 2 - 3 eggs (depending how hungry you are)
- 3 spares of asparagus, chopped
- ¼ cup leak, sliced
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 sprig of thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Heat a small pan on a medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Slice the leek, chop the asparagus spares into several pieces and crush the garlic. Place all three ingredients in the pan and saute for a couple of minutes until the leek is translucent.
- In the mean time, break the eggs into a small bowl and whisk together with a fork along with a sprinkle of thyme and salt.
- Remove the leek & asparagus from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the egg into the pan and allow to gently cook for a minute and then place the leek and asparagus on the egg.
- Remove the omelette from the pan just as the egg sets. Serve and enjoy!