Winter is here, even on the Gold Coast, which some of you ready may find that hard to believe! I can imagine how it has chilled down in Southern parts of Australia and my home New Zealand. Mum told me that she had the fire going, which is a sure sign that the evenings have cooled.
This is a super simple and warm dessert that will make you feel good anytime of the day. It only takes minutes to whip up and is made with easy on hand ingredients. When you feel like something sweet, but want to keep your healthy eating on track, this is a great option.
You only need a few minutes and a handful of healthy ingredients to make this delicious treat.
- 2 apples, peeled
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons natural maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Drizzle natural maple syrup, optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and prepare 4 ramekins by greasing the dishes with olive oil.
- Peel and slice the apples and put aside.
- Place all the other ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the apples to the batter, leaving four apple rings for the topping. Mix the apples through the batter.
- Pour batter into the ramekins, place an apple ring on top and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve the pudding hot with a drizzle of natural maple syrup.