This is a recipe that I have shared inside the Real Food Pledge Challenge because it is filling, quick and delicious. Most of us are in a huge rush in the mornings, I know I am. I always make sure that I have a healthy breakfast to keep me going until lunch time, otherwise I will be more likely to grab unhealthy options if I am starving.
I have a specific little non-stick pan from Kmart that is the perfect size for omelette’s and doesn’t require much oil. Five minutes is all it takes to whip up this delicious breakfast.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6 cherry tomato's, halved
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon spring onion, chopped
- Drizzle olive oil
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, salt & pepper.
- Over a medium heat place a small pan and heat the olive oil.
- Pour in the egg mixture and slightly lift the sides to allow the runny part of the egg go under the omelette that is forming, to cook.
- Add the tomato and spinach leaves as the egg cooks, once cooked to your liking fold one half of the omelette over to fold it in half.
- Serve with the fresh chopped spring onion