Honestly I can not harp on enough about the amazing & numerous benefits of exclusively eating real food. There are hundreds of wonderful benefits & every-body experiences different improvements when they switch to a real food lifestyle. For some it is an ease in arthritic symptoms, weight loss, better sleep, ease in menopausal symptoms, keeping regular, ease in eczema, improved skin & the list goes one. I have heard so many amazing stories of people healing themselves with real food & I myself have experienced the difference real food has made to my body & mind.
I think that we are all so used to the rubbish that we are all eating out of packets that we have become immune to the idea that fake processed food is actually causing us all so much trouble. Manufactures spend an awful lot of money on marketing & advertising to lure us in to buy their so call healthy products, they don’t disclose that the fibre & other nutrients are actually synthetic or that the product is full of industrial oil or refined sugar. Humble fresh fruit, vegetables, eggs, meats & seafood don’t have showy labels, so that they can’t brag about all good nutrients that they contain. It is common sense that we are meant to eat food that is from nature & food that provides us with all the nutrients that our bodies are meant to receive.
A real food lifestyle has provided me personally with many benefits, it is different for everyone, depending on your age, weight or health status. If you switch to real food exclusively, whats the bet that you will be able to write your own benefits list in a couple of months. Here are the benefits & positive changes that I have experienced.
- I feel amazing inside & out– Since I quit processed food, I feel amazing both inside and out! I am not bloated, I am thinner, my head is clearer and in general I feel great.
- I have lost weight & maintaining weight is a breeze – I easily lost weight when I eliminate processed food. I didn’t count points or calories, I just ate real as much food as I wanted. I personally find it very easy to maintain my weight as well, I really don’t have to think about it anymore.
- I sleep like a baby! – When my head hits the pillow I am out like a light until the morning. Now I wake up happy, light & refreshed every day. In the past I would wake up groggy & sluggish with that heavy feeling of ahhhhh I need more sleep!
- My skin looks amazing – Now I would be lying to you if I said that my skin was blaaa & now it is clear & lovely, because I have always been lucky in that department. I have hardly ever had a pimple in my life & my skin has always been clear, I received the good skin gene & not the skinny gene! However I have noticed that since quitting processed food my skin is the best it has ever been & lets face it I am not getting any younger, none of us are. At 35 years old I surprise people when they find out that I am in my 30’s & that I have a 13-year-old child, because my skin has been glowing ever since I turned to real food. (Or is it actually because of my immaturity?!)
- My taste buds are supercharged – My taste buds have actually become in tune with all the amazing flavours that natural foods have to offer. Fruit pops in my mouth, a steak is delicious & juicy, vegetables taste vibrant, eggs are creamy & seafood is delicate & exciting to my taste buds. It is something you can’t even appreciate until processed food is completely eliminated. I read that this happens in the book It Starts With Food & it is so true.
- I am the healthiest I have ever been – Natural foods are full of vitamins and nutrients that are very beneficial. Because all the food that I eat is nutrient dense I am the healthiest that I have ever been according to my blood work. Plus I feel it & you can see that I look healthier.
- My children are learning about healthy choices – I have not imposed my lifestyle of no processed food 100% onto my family, but rather I have chosen to take a gentler approach to lead by example. They are not even aware of the healthy choices that they have started to make for themselves, it is just happening naturally for them. My husband followed my lead & he dropped 10kg (22 pounds), which is huge benefit for me because now I have a spunkier husband!
- I am free & am no longer on a diet roller coaster – I used to be consumed by my weight, weight loss, diets & how unhappy I was about my body. The number that I saw on the scales would determine if I had a good day or a bad one & for years I would start a new diet on Monday only to blow out by Thursday & then repeat! I am now free of all of that palufa! I enjoy my food without restriction, I am happy with how I look & I never think about dieting.
- I enjoy amazing food – I really enjoy all the foods that I eat. I never eat something & then have that regret or guilt afterwards where you think ‘gee I shouldn’t have eaten that’ or ‘that wasn’t really worth it’! All the food that I eat now is good quality, real food, that is satisfying & lovely.
- I now have a happy tummy – I used to suffer all manner of tummy problems including diarrhoea, gas, bloating, constipation, tummy aches, cramps, long periods sitting in the bathroom, hot & cold sweats & generally feeling uneasy in the tummy. All of these symptoms are gone & now I am as regular as clock work with a bathroom stop at 8.35am every morning! Maybe that is too much information!
I hope that my list of benefits encourages you to give it a go to create improvements in your lifestyle. I would love to hear about the benefits that you have had from exclusively eating real food, feel free to leave a comment.