I really wanted to make a real food treat in honour of Australia Day. Of course the most fitting dessert to make is a pavlova, but I failed miserably at converting my pavlova recipe to a real food version, you can read about that here. Maybe I will master a real food pavlova by next year!
At the last moment I whipped up these treats instead. Sometimes things don’t work out for a reason & today the reason my pav didn’t work out was so that I could make this instead! Viola, I present to you the most lovely, decadent Iced Raspberry Parfait! This recipe will serve four, it is very easy to double the recipe if you are entertaining more people.
250 grams of frozen raspberries
1 tablespoon of honey
2 cans of coconut cream (chilled in the fridge over night)
1 punnet of fresh blueberries
- Scoop the thick coconut cream out of the chilled cans & place in mixing bowl, leaving the watery contents behind
- Beat the coconut cream with electric beaters until it thickens & set aside, this will take a few minutes
- Place the frozen raspberries in the food processor & blend until smooth
- Add the honey & 1/4 cup of coconut milk that is left over from the cream cans
- Continue to blend for another 30 – 60 seconds until the mixture has a ice-creamy texture
- Now you are ready to assemble your parfait’s. I am not going to lie, you need patience for the next step!
- Carefully place a layer of the iced raspberry in the bottom of each glass, then a cream layer, then repeat
- Top with blueberries & serve immediately
- Life is too short, so enjoy!
I wish you & your family a wonderful Australia Day!