Most of us tend to cook our vegetables the same way all the time & it can get boring. Try something new to mix it up.
1/2 large red capsicum
1 bunch of broccolini
8 brussels sprouts
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoons of coconut or olive oil
2 tablespoons of almond flakes
- Slice the capsicum length wise into long strips
- Cut the ends off the broccolini
- Cut the ends of brussels sprouts & discard the old outer leaves then slice them in half
- Steam the brussels sprouts & broccolini in a steamer over boiling water for 5 minutes
- Finely chop the garlic & sauté in a hot pan with the oil for a minute
- Add the capsicum & sauté with the garlic for a couple of minutes
- Add the steamed vegetables & almonds. Toss & sauté for 2 minutes
- Crack over salt & pepper to taste & enjoy!