It tis the season for party after party & to be indulgent. Last night I attended my last Christmas function before I fly away to Thailand (yes I am very excited to be going to Bangkok tomorrow!) They had some lovely real food canapés at the Christmas party that I attended last night including lamb cutlets, cucumber crackers & asparagus wrapped in beef. I was in food heaven!
I made this little canapé for a party I went to last week. The recipe was taken from my Sweet Potato & Fish Patties recipe & turned into these little beauties. If you love the look of these for lunch or dinner just make them larger or for canapés make them mini. Click here for my Sweet Potato & Fish Patties with Smashed Avocado.
2 large sweet potato’s (peeled)
2 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
2 tablespoons of curry paste (from the Asian section of your supermarket)
1 large can tuna/salmon/smoked fish
1/4 cup coconut flour
Salt & pepper to taste
- Roughly chop the sweet potato and place in a pot of boiling water, cook on medium heat until tender and then drain very well
- Finely chop the onion and place in a hot pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sauté on a medium heat until the onion turns transparent
- In the pan with the onions, add two tablespoons of curry paste and sauté together until the mix is fragrant
- Turn the pan off and set aside the onion mix
- In the pot, mash the drained sweet potato, add the can of fish, onion mix, egg, coconut flour & salt to taste
- If the mixture seems a bit wet add more coconut flour, otherwise they won’t hold well
- Heat a clean pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Form mini patties using a teaspoon & cook five at a time
- Turn the patties when brown on each side & place on a serving dish when cooked
- To make the avocado mash, peal avocado and place in food processor until smooth
- Squeeze 1/2 a lime onto the avocado and season with salt and pepper
- Top the mini patties with a teaspoon of avocado
- Serve to your guests and enjoy!